The Champion Power Equipment 100231 5500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator with Wheel Kit is designed with versatility and convenience in mind. An ideal companion for your next weekend project or wherever you might need additional power, this generator can also provide plenty of backup power for your home during an outage.
Operate your Dual-Fuel generator right out of the box on gasoline or propane, and easily switch fuels with our patented fuel selector switch that allows for safe switching between fuel sources. Using gasoline, the 389cc Champion engine produces 6900 starting watts and 5500 running watts and will run for 8 hours at 50% load when the 6.1-gallon fuel tank is full.
When using a 20-pound propane tank, it produces 6250 starting watts and 5000 running watts and will run for 6.5 hours at 50% load. Also included is a 3.3-foot propane hose with a built-in regulator. With a noise level of 74 dBA from 23 feet, which is a bit louder than a vacuum, this machine features Cold Start Technology to ensure a quick start in cold weather.
The Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your equipment safe from spikes in voltage, while the Intelligauge monitor’s voltage, frequency, and operating hours. Outlets include one 120/240V 30A locking outlet (L14-30R) and four 120V 20A GFCI protected household outlets (5-20R). Designed for safety with a low oil shut-off sensor plus an included oil funnel, this unit has a 1.2-quart oil capacity (recommended 10W-30).
Champion’s thoughtful packaging makes setup hassle-free, while the foldaway U-shaped handle and included wheel kit with never-flat tires make it a cinch to move your power where you need it. Buy this EPA certified and CARB compliant generator with confidence – Champion Support and our nationwide network of service centers will back your purchase up with a 3-year limited warranty and FREE lifetime technical support.
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 5500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Fuel Safety Switch – Our patented fuel selector switch allows for quick and safe switching between fuel sources
- Intelligauge – Keep track of voltage, hertz, and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Outlets – One 120/240V 30A locking outlet (L14-30R) and four 120V 20A GFCI protected household outlets (5-20R)
- Champion Support – includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts